Sunday, August 1, 2010

Emergency Prep!

Aloha Deals has made August the Emergency Prep Month!

It's Hurricane Season in Hawaii (June-November),and then who knows what can happen when you're a little rock in the middle of the ocean.  With the experience in February 2010, I learned how UNprepared I was for any emergency. 

I really had no idea what to do.  Since the last time we had an emergency I was still under the care of my parents, I just left it all up to my mom and dad.  This time, I was the mom, and had no clue what to do.  We scrounged up what we had stocked up on, threw it in suitcases... needless to say, it was chaotic and I was a hysterical mess!!

This time around I'm going to be prepared but lets start small and with things we have already!

Items you'll need this week:

- 3 ring Binder (find one not being used or hit WalMart/Kmart for their back-to-school deals)
- dividers, so far I'm using a 5 subject divider, it could grow but you can just add on another 5 subject divider (Calendar, Chores, Menu, Emergency, Other)

- page protectors (i bought a bunch at Costco and plan to share with my 2 sisters and mom who are taking part in this project too!)
- important papers... we'll break it down for the rest of the week and give you time to gather them all up to scan, print or copy

Are you ready to get prepared?  I know I AM!



Photobucket

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS