Monday, March 29, 2010

Menu Plan 3/29-4/4

Here we go!  What are you eating this week?  How do you decide your menu?
How often do you try something new?

So, here's what we decided to have this week...

(I am attempting chicken meals this week which I normally don't eat during my pregnancies due to personal texture preference and my gag reflex ...so those meals are subject to change.)


Monday:
Mexican Chicken
Spanish Rice
Steamed asparagus

Tuesday:
Spaghetti Casserole
Grands Rolls
sliced fresh pears (if ripe)

Wednesday:
Stroganoff (didn't have it last week)
Fresh salad
Crescent rolls

Thursday:
CPK frozen pizza

Friday:
Chicken Stirfry
Rice

Saturday:
Banana Pancake party
fresh fruit salad

Sunday: Happy Easter!

EASTER- ham, potatoes, jello, rolls, dessert!
********************
I usually have my husband look in the cupboards/pantry with me on Sunday evenings and help me decide what he would like to have and help prepare for the coming week.  Together we help each other create the menu.  One question he asked last night was, "Why do we have so much of this or that and how do we know which one to use?"  He's talking about my 4 jars of peanut butter and many boxes of pastas or other items that I have multiple of.  I told him that I have a system.  For my jars and cans, I put them away toward the back, and when I cook, I pull from the front.  I used to work at Walmart and learned the shelving system they use.  (if you want freshly stocked items, pull from the back)  I am used to having one or two of something, so having it get 'older' wasn't an issue, but since learning to save and stock up, I'm able to have this shelving system that Walmart uses too!

This post is part of Menu Plan Monday

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS